Hip Mountain Mama Blog
Your skin is your largest organ absorbing everything it comes into contact with. Think about all of the products you put on your skin every day. Sunscreen, moisturizer, cleanser, soap, make up, chap stick, lotion, etc! Every single ingredient in every single product you use is absorbed into your body, and that really adds up over time. According to the Environmental Working Group, almost 90 percent of the 10,500 cosmetics and skin care ingredients known to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have not been evaluated for safety by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, the FDA, or any other publicly accountable institution. With this in mind, wouldn't it make sense to use products with natural ingredients as much as possible? Yes it would! What can you do to make your beauty routine more natural?
1. Use less! Do you really need all of the products you are using every day?
2. Replace products that have a long list of ingredients you can't pronounce with products that have fewer ingredients with familiar names.
3. Use oil instead of lotion. You can replace a bottle of lotion with over 20 ingredients with a bottle of jojoba oil...which is 1 ingredient and does an amazing job.
4. Buy from small businesses who have your health in mind. Most large companies could care less whether their products are healthy or not...their bottom line is profit. Small businesses who make or sell natural skin care products do it because we are passionate about natural health and we want to spread the message.
5. Do your research. Read labels and research what each ingredient actually is. Just because it's on the shelf at the grocery store, does not mean it is safe for you to use on a continuous basis!
Your heart chakra is located within your heart and is connected to love, compassion, harmony, and peace. If you are feeling unable to give or receive love or show compassion, your heart chakra might be blocked. It might be blocked from something that happened recently or many years ago. If your heart chakra is out [...]
1. They are flattering on ALL body types. Unlike the skinny jean craze that doesn't always work for all body types, bell bottoms look amazing on everyone! A little hug in the hips/booty area, then some groovy flare from the knee down compliments everyone from the flat butts to the bootilicious. 2. They look amazing with [...]
A new month, a new attitude. Make it your intention to let your soul shine, be here now, and always choose love. Happy April friends :)
☀️Shine on loves!☀️Don’t keep your light hidden....the world needs you and it needs you now. ☾ Your solar plexus chakra is located a few inches above your navel and is associated with emotions, feeling of personal power, laughter, joy, sensitivity, ambition, and ability to achieve. Lots going on here. If you have digestions problems, are [...]
The root chakra is at the base of the spine and it's what grounds us and connects us to mother earth. It's responsible for our safety, security and that feeling of being rooted. When healthy in the root chakra, you will feel balanced, safe, and calm. If you are feeling anxious, insecure, restless, or aggressive [...]
October is a great month to treat yourself. You’ve settled in to the fall routine and things are pretty calm right now. A time to work on self care and maybe treat yourself to some hand made jewelry. The crazy holiday season is right around the corner and we tend to turn to auto pilot when [...]
Whether we like it or not, we are here together living the human experience with each other. I will never understand the horrific acts of some humans, but I do understand love and kindness and how it can change the world. I understand that I have the responsibility to raise my kids to be loving [...]
In this time of insane turmoil, the beautiful moon brings me peace and keeps me grounded. Yes, the moon is super far away, but it somehow keeps my head out of the clouds and my feet connected to the earth. It's a constant reminder that the universe is working just as it should and that's [...]
Long flowy skirts are pure bliss. Comfy, yummy, beautiful, perfect. A year round classic article of clothing that can be mixed and matched with all of your groovy tops. My closet is personally filled with dozens of long skirts. They are great to pull out for work, festivals, a night out with the gals, or even [...]